In the 332nd issue of ProcessWire Weekly we'll cover the latest core updates, introduce some new and updated ProcessWire resources, and more. Read on!
Welcome to the latest issue of ProcessWire Weekly! This week we're going to dive into the latest core updates, share a bunch of new and updated resources from the support forum and the deep dark depths of GitHub, as well as showcase a very neat new site of the week belonging to IOR Group, which as a London based office design agency.
Thanks to all of our readers for being here with us again, and as always, any feedback is most welcome – please don't hesitate to drop us a line if there's anything in your mind you'd like to share with us.
Latest core updates
The latest core updates post from Ryan was posted to the support forum on Friday the 18th. In his post Ryan outlines the changes introduced to the dev branch since 3.0.166 came out last week, and also mentions that we're going to wait until next week before bumping the core version to 3.0.167 (some features are still a work in progress).
Highlights from this week's update
- Added custom Page class support for the Language class by implementing your own LanguagePage class that extends it (i.e. /site/classes/LanguagePage.php).
- Added a pull request from Moritz L'Hoest that introduces various enhancements to the cURL support in the core WireHttp class.
- Added a new method to the Fieldtype interface named
getMatchQuerySort()that lets a Fieldtype module optionally manage the query when a
$pages->find()requests a sort by a field/subfield handled by said Fieldtype.
- Added a new
getAfterLoginUrl()method to the Process module for sanitizing and validating request URLs to the module made by non-logged-in user. The resulting URL can be automatically redirected to once the user has logged-in.
... as well as several optimizations and improvements to the core PageFinder class, and resolutions to a bunch of issues reported via GitHub. Examples of issues fixed this week include a bug that prevented the home/root page from showing up in Page List Selects if the page that the field belonged to had children, and a problem affecting OR-groups in recent ProcessWire versions.
That's all for our core updates section this week. For more details and some background and use cases for the newly added
getAfterLoginUrl() method, be sure to check out the weekly update from Ryan. Thanks!
Weekly forum highlights, tutorials, and other online resources
Here's a list of support forum highlights and other useful and/or interesting resources. As always, please let us know if there's anything important we've missed, so that we can include it in one of our future issues.
- First of all we've got a handy little module called TextformatterTableWrapper. As the name suggests, this little textformatter finds <table> elements from markup and wraps them with a div, which can then be used to make tables scrollable — particularly useful feature for mobile users!
- Another module related highlight is the release of Repeater Matrix Item Duplicator version 2.0.0. This new version provides the ability to copy multiple items at once among other fixes and improvements. Definitely worth checking out if you're using the Repeater Matrix Profield:
- Next up is... yet another module update! If you're using the FormBuilder module users, definitely check out Markup CKEditor for FormBuilder. This module allows you to embed custom markup within forms, and the latest version of the module adds a new global config setting for adding new items to the CKEditor toolbar.
- Finally, here's a quick little heads-up about a brand new image format about to land in major browsers: AVIF. Thanks to Horst for bringing this up! ProcessWire's core already provides support for the widely established WebP image format, so who knows — perhaps AVIF is something we could support as well. Thoughts?
If you're interested in ProcessWire news, discussions, and updates, there's always something going on at the support forum. Since we're only able to include a tiny selection of all that in our weekly updates, head down to the forum for more.
Site of the week: IOR Group
Our latest site of the week belongs to IOR Group, a Richmond, south-west London based company specializing in designing, building, and furnishing office spaces.
IOR Group is a full service company, offering the whole package from design to the build, as well as furniture. Our sites directory introduces them as "an intelligent and imaginative office design and build company creating quality environments for their customers" — a statement that, based on their portfolio, definitely holds true!
The office of the future, like the family dining table, will be where we come together, share values, agree adventures, share information and problem solve.
— IOR Group
Developed by ID Studio Web Agency, the IOR Group website boasts a beautiful design and gorgeous typography, complemented by lots and lots of quality photographs and hand drawn sketches. Notable portion of the content is dedicated to introducing the projects IOR has completed, but there's also plenty of information about their vision, team, community endeavours and charity efforts, and so on.
Thanks again to the folks at ID Studio Web Agency for sharing this interesting project with us, and our congratulations to the client, IOR Group, for their new website. Great work from everyone involved in this project!
Stay tuned for our next issue
That's all for the 332nd issue of ProcessWire Weekly. We'll be back with more news, updates, and content Saturday, 26th of September. As always, ProcessWire newsletter subscribers will get our updates a few days later.
Thanks for staying with us, once again. Hope you've had a great and productive week, and don't forget to check out the ProcessWire forums for more interesting topics. Until next week, happy hacking with ProcessWire!