The 415th issue of ProcessWire Weekly is going to be a brief update, in which we cover the latest core updates and weekly highlights. Read on!
Welcome to the latest issue of ProcessWire Weekly! Due to a slight mishap, this week's issue came out a bit late, and is also going to be a little shorter than normal. Rest assured that we should be back to our normal routine and content by next week.
Anyway, the topics we are going to cover in this issue include the latest core updates and recent ProcessWire higlights and resources.
Thanks to all of our readers for being here with us again, and as always, any feedback is most welcome – please don't hesitate to drop us a line if there's anything in your mind you'd like to share with us. Enjoy our latest issue and have a great weekend!
Latest core updates
While there's no version bump this week, there have been some updates to the core nevertheless. In his latest weekly update at the support forum Ryan highlights some of these updates, which include...
- PR from Adrian which adds configurable columns for Selector fields.
- System update 20 which fixes "created user" for several system pages.
- WireHttp update which adds support for sending cookies in GET and POST requests over cURL.
- Lister update which prevents trying to sort by non-sortable fields.
Additionally there have been some bugfixes this week, and PHP 8.1 compatibility has also been further improved. As Ryan explains in his post, we're likely going to see additional small updates in the near future, as we get closer to a stable release.
That's all for our core updates section for the week, though be sure to visit the weekly update from Ryan for more details, as well as our current plans regarding the stable release we've been talking about for a while now. Thanks!
Weekly forum highlights, tutorials, and other online resources
For this week we've gathered a list of support forum highlights and other useful and hopefully interesting resources. As always, please let us know if there's anything important we've missed, so that we can include it in one of our future issues.
- First of all we'll start by mentioning the latest version of Fieldtype Measurement. This module is starting to look really awesome — check out the demo videos and see for yourself!
- While we're on the topic of modules, other new releases to check out include Padloper 2, which has just recently been released to the general public, and — although this one is still a work in progress — the latest version of Bernhard Baumrock's exceptional RockMigrations.
- Next up we've got a handy tip, or rather reminder, of the kinds of things that ProcessWire's built-in search feature can do: finding pages and prioritizing the ones with most matches for provided keyword.
- Another interesting tip comes from BillH: an easy way to use saveReady hook and text field to sort pages with children before those without children. While this is a rather basic use case, this very same trick could be used for quite a lot of stuff.
- Finally, if you're looking for something to read and haven't had a chance to check it out yet, we'd like to suggest visiting processwire.dev. It may be opinionated, as the introduction states, but there's quite a lot of great content there.
If you're interested in ProcessWire news, discussions, and updates, there's always something going on at the support forum. Since we're only able to include a tiny selection of all that in our weekly updates, head down to the forum for more.
Stay tuned for our next issue
That's all for the 415th issue of ProcessWire Weekly. We'll be back with more news, updates, and content Saturday, 30th of April. As always, ProcessWire newsletter subscribers will get our updates a few days later.
Thanks for staying with us, once again. Hope you've had a great and productive week, and don't forget to check out the ProcessWire forums for more interesting topics. Until next week, happy hacking with ProcessWire!