In the 448th issue of ProcessWire Weekly we're going to cover the latest core updates, highlight recent ProcessWire online resources, and more. Read on!
Welcome to the latest issue of ProcessWire Weekly! For this issue we've got a collection of recent forum highlights and other interesting online resources, and as always we're also going to check out a new site of the week and the latest core updates.
Thanks to all of our readers for being here with us again, and as always, any feedback is most welcome – please don't hesitate to drop us a line if there's anything in your mind you'd like to share with us. Enjoy our latest issue and have a great weekend!
Latest core updates
As Ryan explains in his latest weekly update at the support forum, at the moment there's plenty of stuff in the pipeline — both for the core and Pro modules — but not much ready to share this week. There were, though, a couple of minor updates for the dev branch at GitHub:
- An update for $pages->findRaw() that makes references respect the "indexed" option (resolves issue #1652)
- An update for the core PagePaths module, resolving a deprecation notice in PHP 8.1 (resolves issue #1653)
That's all for our core updates section this week. We'll be back with more core development news and updates next week.
For more details about this week's core updates feel free to check out the weekly GitHub dev branch commit log, and be sure to also visit the support forum for the latest weekly update from Ryan. Thanks!
Weekly forum highlights, tutorials, and other online resources
For this week we've gathered a list of support forum highlights and other useful and hopefully interesting resources. As always, please let us know if there's anything important we've missed, so that we can include it in one of our future issues.
- Our first highlight for the week is a forum thread about a work in progress video course for ProcessWire from 3fingers. The will be a paid (but affordable!) course primarily for beginner and mid-level developers. Subscribe to the email alerts if you'd like to be among the first to hear once there's more to share.
- Next up is another forum topic about a topic that's been making rounds in the wider developer community, ChatGPT — and specifically the results it provides if asked ProcessWire specific questions. For now this may be largely a fun tool to play with, but the quality of the answers is actually very impressive.
- Moving on to weekly tips and tricks, there have been a number of great tutorial type posts on the forum lately: easily injecting custom scripts to the admin area, writing a log every time a use changes their password, and customizing file URLs (e.g. converting PDF file links to custom download links) with a simple hook. As always big thanks to the authors for sharing their expertise with the community!
- Last but not least, PHP 8.2 has just been released as a stable version. As usual there's a very informative introductory post about version 8.2 at stitcher.io, so definitely check it out for more details.
As bonus content this week we wanted to share a super handy front-end tool that was also recently discussed at the support forum: the Fancy Border Radius Generator from 9elements. Very interesting approach to implementing all sorts of custom shapes!
If you're interested in ProcessWire news, discussions, and updates, there's always something going on at the support forum. Since we're only able to include a tiny selection of all that in our weekly updates, head down to the forum for more.
Stay tuned for our next issue
That's all for the 448th issue of ProcessWire Weekly. We'll be back with more news, updates, and content Saturday, 17th of December. As always, ProcessWire newsletter subscribers will get our updates a few days later.
Thanks for staying with us, once again. Hope you've had a great and productive week, and don't forget to check out the ProcessWire forums for more interesting topics. Until next week, happy hacking with ProcessWire!